Nominations for the 17th Cacique Awards to be held in January 2017 are now open.
The awards, which celebrate the brightest and the best in the country’s hospitality industry, will be held at the Melia Nassau Resort on January 21st under the theme, “The Business of Tourism”.
Co-Chairman and Producer of the Cacique Awards Charity Armbrister, who is also the director of events at the Ministry of Tourism, promises that this Cacique Awards will be like none other.
“The Cacique Awards are the most prestigious Tourism and Hospitality Awards. It is a national award where Bahamians from Grand Bahama to Inagua can be nominated or become a winner. Over the years, the Family Islands have taken many categories back to the islands,” she said.
There are 17 local categories and five international categories that will be honoured.
This year, officials have added the Willfred “Willie Love” Knowles, Tourism Ambassador Award.
“This year, there will be an honorary award to be presented to his wife. Next year, this category will be added to the Nomination form. As you may know Willie died recently, and was a great entertainer and Tourism Ambassador in Grand Bahama,” Ms. Armbrister said.
Director, writer and choreographer of the Cacique Awards is Ian Poitier.
- Nominations can be done online at http://www.caciqueawards.com or forms can be collected at any Bahamas Ministry of Tourism office in the Family Islands or abroad.
- Nominees must be Bahamian. Persons may be nominated for more than one category.
- However, the nomination forms outline specifically what the requirements are for each category.
- The deadline for nominees is October 14.
- The nominees will be presented at a later date.
For more information, contact the Ministry of Tourism at 302-2000.